We all get nervous and anxious from time to time. However, there are people who don’t know how calm and peaceful life looks like. Hence, they are under constant anxiety and feeling of unease, and this condition can be quite severe.
Anxiety can be seen and felt in many different forms, such as social anxiety, phobia, and panic attacks. Therefore, it is very important to recognize this condition and deal with it. You can easily recognize this condition if you learn to notice the symptoms of anxiety. The following are only some of the symptoms of anxiety:
- Inability to relax
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling tired all the time
- Trembling or twitching
- Difficulty swallowing
- Stomach pains and nausea
- Feeling the need to go to the bathroom frequently
- Constant feelings of worry and tension
- Worrying about simple, everyday tasks
- Irritability and mood swings
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Frequent headaches
- Depression symptoms
- Muscle tension, aches and body pains
In order to treat this condition, people reach for medicines, such as Ativan, Valium, and Xanax. However, these drugs can have several side-effects and can be highly addictive.
Lavender oil, or Lavandula angustifolia, is known mostly because of its amazing scent and dynamic aroma. The scent is a wonderful mix of floral, fresh and calm. The lavender oil is highly versatile and offers a wide range of benefits. Hence, it can be used for all sorts of things. Moreover, it has been proven that this amazing oil has the same effect as anxiety drugs. However, it doesn’t have sedative effects or a potential for dependence.
Lavender Oil Benefits
- Reduces anxiety and emotional stress
- Heals burns and wounds
- Improves sleep
- Restores skin complexion and reduces acne
- Slows aging with powerful antioxidants
- Improves eczema and psoriasis
- Alleviates headaches
Lavender Oil for Anxiety
Only adults can use lavender oil. However, lavender oil capsules are difficult to be found and trying some online stores is the best. However, never take any capsule before consulting your physician.
Fortunately, lavender essential oils are pretty available and you can use them freely. You can add lavender oil to your bath. Hence, you can add six drops of lavender oil extract to bath water or ¼ to ½ cup of dried lavender flowers to your bath. This will set your body at rest and you will easily cope with anxiety. Moreover, you can try the following recipe:
Lavender Tea Recipe
- 8 oz. water
- 4 tsp of fresh lavender buds
First, boil the water. Then, place the lavender buds in a tea ball. Finally, put the tea ball in a cup and add the water. Let is stay for 10 minutes and feel free to consume it. You should drink it before going to bed.
- Avoid using lavender oil in combination with pharmaceuticals such as Ativan, Xanax, and Valium. This is because lavender oil can increase drowsiness.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid using lavender, as well as any other essential oil.
- People suffering from diabetes should avoid using lavender oil.
- Lavender essential oil may cause an allergic reaction to people who have sensitive skin. Hence always try the oil on a small area first.